NEWS from the association:
- our CICS and EACI/EMIC training sessions has recently been approved by FSMA in the frame of the continuous education of the Compliance Officers
- job offering: 2 auditors with INAMI / RIZIV : https://www.selor.be/fr/emplois/job/AFG17005/-Auditeur-interne-m-f-pour-l-Institut-Nationnal-d-Assurances-Maladie-Invalidit-
UPCOMING TRAINGS AND EVENTS:
- upcoming opening (February 8th 2017) of our training session DRM in Brussels http://www.ichecformationcontinue.be/fr/diplome-en-risk-management.html?IDD=553648258&IDC=138
- Roundtable luch/breakfast sessions in partnership with IIA-Bel (as of February 14th) http://www.icib.org/table-rondes.ws or http://www.icib.org/ronde-tafels.ws
- upcoming opening ( March 7th 2017 ) of our training sessions CICS in Luxemburg https://www.lllc.lu/fr/formations-specialisees/formation/certificat-en-controle-interne-cics
- IC-AWARD (May 15th 2017) in Brussels http://www.icib.org/ic-award-f.ws or http://www.icib.org/ic-award-n.ws
Join us on our LinkedIn discussion group
INTERNAL CONTROL is a process, effected by an entity's board of directors, management and other personnel, designed to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of objectives (source: COSO - Internal Control - Integrated framework)
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE is about how decisions are taken in the organisation and about how its ACTIVITIES are GOVERNED
Controlling uncertainties is inherent to every management activity In a successful organisation, every manager develops an adequate INTERNAL CONTROL of his/her process and contribute to a sound GOVERNANCE of the organisation's ACTIVITIES.
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT concentrates on all business risks and offers a key input for the prioritisation of most process oriented INTERNAL CONTROL initiatives.
In many languages, such as in French and Dutch, the word "control" has different meanings. ICIB develops and promotes the internal control practice as a management's responsability, complemetary to other leading practices such as "management control" and "quality management". Internal control interacts with "enterprise risk management" and constitutes a key contribution from management to the assurance objectives of "inspectors", "certificators", "internal audit" and "external audit". Succes of an organisation relies on the quality of management and on the extend opertations and their uncertainties are under control.
INTERNAL AUDIT is an independant activity destined at evaluating management's INTERNAL CONTROL system
ICIB represents the ICI (Internal Control Institute) in Europe